Festival Gates open at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, gates open at 10:00 a.m., and entertainment begins at 11:00 a.m.
Admission is by Festival button only-$10 in advance or $15 at the gate; good for all 3 1/2 days. Children 11 and under are FREE. NOTE: Advance button sales will cease at the close of business on Tuesday, June 6th, so buy your Festival button early and wear it proudly!
Festival buttons can be purchased in Salina at the Salina Arts & Humanities Office, 211 W. Iron, any Dillons Stores, at all Casey's Stores, at the Tony's Pizza Events Center, 800 The Midway, and about 25 other locations around town. Buttons are also available in about 20 other cities across Kansas. Just look for the 'Festival Button On Sale' sign. To purchase buttons and/or t-shirts click here or click here for a list of button locations (PDF).
GOOD NEIGHBOR PARK POLICY
The Smoky Hill River Festival takes place in scenic Oakdale Park — one of Salina's oldest and most beautiful outdoor spaces. To lessen the impact of more than 60,000 Festival-goers and to provide a comfortable experience for everyone, the Festival asks for cooperation with the following:
- Blankets and chairs must be removed each evening of the Festival—following each night's closing act, Festival staff will remove all blankets, chairs, etc., from the park. Check the Lost & Found the following day to retrieve saved items.
- Plastic ground tarps are not allowed at all, as they are harmful to the grass.
- Individual tent covers or tents in front of the Eric Stein Stage and in other areas of the park are not allowed.
- Umbrellas will be restricted to use behind a marked boundary to facilitate sight lines. Please stay behind this line with your umbrellas. Umbrellas are subject to removal if they obscure the view of or present a hazard to other Festival patrons.
- Please do not bring pets or animals to the Festival. With the exception of registered service dogs, all pets need to be left at home or with a pet sitter. Patrons who attempt to bring pets onto Festival grounds will be excused.
- Coolers are permitted.
- No glass bottles.
- Due to obvious hazards, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles are prohibited.
- For safety and as a courtesy to entertainers, please keep children at a reasonable distance from the stages and off the steps of the Eric Stein Stage. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Absolutely NO unauthorized vending of food or any other items is permitted on Festival grounds.
- Due to copyright infringement regulations, absolutely NO unauthorized video or audio recording of entertainment is permitted anywhere on Festival grounds.
- For permitted designated smoking areas see the Festival site map.
- One last request—please place your personal trash in a receptacle. Help leave Oakdale Park in great shape for future patrons and guests to enjoy.
Back to Top