The 2017 Festival Medallion Quest Rules
The community wide treasure-hunt begins on Friday, May 26, 2017, when a hand-crafted art medallion will be hidden on public property somewhere in Salina. Clues will be released to the Festival Quest Clues news feed on the Festival Quest page of the River Festival website daily until the medallion is found. Clues will also be posted on the west entry doors of the Arts and Humanities office located at 211 W. Iron Ave.
Clues will not be given over the phone at any location. Medallion hunters can access the clue at the following locations:
- The Smoky Hill River Festival website: riverfestival.com
- Posted on the entrance door to the Salina Arts & Humanities office at 211 W. Iron (the west door of the Smoky Hill Museum at 8th Street and Iron)
The medallion will be located on public property within the Salina city limits. It will be located in an easily accessible spot. LOCATING THE MEDALLION DOES NOT REQUIRE THE DESTRUCTION OF PUBLIC PROPERTY. Please review and follow the Festival Quest rules below for complete guidelines:
- Salina Arts & Humanities staff will not answer questions regarding the Medallion search. Medallion hunters can access the clue at the following locations: riverfestival.com and/or Salina Arts Humanities office 211 W Iron (the west door of the Smoky Hill Museum at 8th Street and Iron)..
- Once the medallion is found and verified, the Festival's website and participating local media will notify the public regarding the location and time of the formal press conference and award presentation.
- The medallion is NOT hidden on private property or on Salina Airport Authority property.
- The medallion IS located on public property within the Salina city limits, not exclusive to City parks.
- If you are looking in City parks for the Festival Quest Medallion, you must observe park curfews — check signs posted at each park for curfew times.
- The medallion is easily accessed.
- You do NOT need a ladder and do NOT need to climb.
- You will be able to remove the medallion easily from its location.
- You do NOT need to dig or DESTROY property.
- The medallion CANNOT be located with a metal detector.
- The medallion is NOT hidden on a building.
- The medallion will NOT be located in Oakdale or Kenwood parks due to Festival preparations.
- You must be 18 years or older to present the medallion and claim the prize.
- Proper photo identification (valid Driver's License, Passport, State ID, Military ID) is required to claim the prize.
- All participants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Salina Arts & Humanities and Arts and Humanities Foundation, its sponsors, and the media have the right to publicize, or broadcast the winner's name, photo, or personal interview.
- All prizes are non-transferable. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
- Winner understands and agrees that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
- Upon confirmation of the find and eligibility, the winner will be announced and awarded the prize.
- Upon finding the medallion, immediately follow its directions to claim the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to search for the FESTIVAL QUEST medallion and/or win.
- Employees and their families of Salina Arts & Humanities or Foundation Board, and King Industries, Inc. are not eligible to win.
- Participant assumes all risk and releases the City of Salina/Salina Arts & Humanities/Salina Arts & Humanities Foundation and King Industries Inc. from liability for any injuries or damages to themselves.
A Festival Quest Weekend Package will be awarded to the first-eligible person to find the medallion. The prize package ensures that the lucky sleuth has a great time at this year's Festival. It includes:
- $2,000 cash
- $2,000 in Festival Gift Certificates, to be used toward purchase in the Fine Art Show, Four Rivers Craft Show, or the Art/Craft Demonstration Area
- Four Festival admission Buttons
- One on-ground Festival parking pass (weather permitting)
- Invitation for four to the Festival's Art Patron Party on June 8th
- Assorted Festival T-shirts, entertainer's CDs, and other Festival memorabilia
The treasure-hunt begins on Friday, May 26, 2017. Broadcast of the first clue at Festival Friday, Oakdale Park. Subsequent new clues will be released on the news feed on the Festival Medallion Quest page of the River Festival website at 7:30 a.m. & 5:30 p.m. daily beginning May 28.